After removing the old driver’s side frame rail extension, it was clear a patch was needed for the back of the actual frame rail where it meets the extension. I cut out the old, and made a patch out of 14 ga., forming it on a concrete block with a hammer and a couple of clamps. It fit pretty well after a little trimming.
Sadly my picture-taking skills seem to have gotten lost around this point. I think it’s because I was trying to just finish the car that I backed off taking pictures. Many of the ones that I did take came out rather poorly, so my apologies for the lack of pictures on a bunch of things.