Next I installed the new driver’s side toe board. I didn’t cut quite as much of the old area out as I did on the passenger’s side. I didn’t want to have to remove the steering column, nor deal with making the correct holes in the new toe board for the parking brake cable and what not. I figured it would be a little easier if I replaced a little smaller area as well.
So just like on the passenger’s side, I roughly marked where I wanted to cut and cut the area out with the cut off wheel on the angle grinder. I then marked and cut the new toe board to approximately match. After a bunch of trial and error fitting and grinding to get it as close as I could, I butt welded it in place.