When I ordered a few random parts last week, I was a little bit short on the amount for a minimum order. Since it’s starting to cool off and I remembered my old defroster hoses were falling apart, along with the ducts being gone, I figured I’d replace them. I got the regular Scott Drake hose and duct set, not the ones with the cam-locks.
Installation was simple. The grille plate on top of the dash comes out with 2 screws. My old hoses were just zip-tied to the dash, so the ties were cut and the hoses came out under the dash. Then the old clips were removed. Once those were out the way, I cleaned up the exposed areas a little bit as everything was pretty dusty. Then I installed the new parts. They go in from the top and just clip back into place. The clips were a bit of a pain and I’m not entirely sure I got all 4 completely in place, but hopefully they’re at least not going to pop loose. Then reinstall the grille plate, attach the hoses at the bottom, and it’s done.
While messing around under the dash, I also replaced the cigarette lighter. It’s never worked since I bought the car. I have a lighter-powered air compressor for my tires, so I wanted to get it working again. Disconnect the wire at the back (and ideally the battery first, of course), put your thumb in the socket, and either hold the back section and twist the socket loose with your thumb (what I did), or hold the socket with your thumb and twist the back piece (probably easier). Pretty sure I pulled that method from someone on a Mustang forum awhile ago, but don’t remember where anymore… so thanks to whoever posted it! Reinstall is just the reverse. It works with no problem now.