Okay, a very much delayed update—nothing new there, I suppose… Anyway, a few months ago I started having issues with my turn signals. The front ones worked fine if I remember right, but the rear ones were having issues. Something along the lines of the right one worked fine, but the left one only worked when I was also pressing the brakes or some such. Changing the bulbs didn’t help, so after some searching I figured it might be the turn signal switch. I ordered a new one, picked up a steering wheel puller, and set to work.
There’s various sets of instructions online, so I won’t repeat the process here (especially since I don’t remember the details), but it isn’t too difficult. The biggest problem I remember having was trying to get the wires for the new switch pulled back through to the bottom of the column. I had attached a piece of wire to the old wire bundle before removing the old switch, so I was able to use that to pull them through, but it was still a pain.
Ultimately though, it got my turn signals and brake lights fully functional again. :)