After finishing the drilling for the driver’s side Shelby drop, I moved onto fixing the passenger side. The rust through the shock tower and the frame rail were just as bad. I ended up doing the same thing as on the driver’s side—clean it up the best I could without taking
too long, add some patches, and add the braces. I had a little more trouble with the welding on this side, but it got done. I’ll definitely need to do a lot of proper metal replacement whenever I have a good garage and can have the Mustang not drivable for awhile though…
After patching the rust, I did the Shelby drop. I did it the same way as on the driver’s side, except I ended up going all the way to 1/2” on the unibit and then used the 1/2” bit just to clean it up and get it to 1/2” all the way through.
Passenger side shock tower
and frame rail rust
PS shock tower and frame patches and braces
Holes drilled and area
Proudly powered by
Pelican, which takes great advantage of Python.
The theme is by
Smashing Magazine, thanks!